Friday, June 26, 2009

Disloyal taxi drivers

Don’t ever trust taxi driver’s providing services in Suva … they simply are not worth to be!

Last week I took a cab from Robertson Road (around 1am). After dropping my friend in Vatuwaqa, I asked the driver to drop me at Khalsa Road.

Hectic day coupled with brace of comedy flicks instantly sent me to the dreamlands on the back seat.

But I woke up well before my destination. The fare meter read $8.40.

Half doped with the ‘catnap’, I handed the driver $20 – thinking it was $10.

The driver said that he did not had the change so I tried using my mathematical skills and gave him $0.40 asking him to give me back $2 only! (actually should be $12).

The driver paused for sometime and gave me $2 and drove away with the rest of my change.

It took a while for my ever energetic brain to click – I was been cheated!

According to my friend whom I dropped on my way home, the taxi drivers intentionally say that ‘they don’t have change.’

And what … the next time I caught a cab, I forced by eyes to keep alive – who knows what the taxi drivers may up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment